STOKE BY NAYLAND GOLF CLUB SENIORS SECTION
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
1. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Controller shall be the Secretary of the Section as elected or appointed from time to time.
2. The Section shall collect from its members only such information as shall be necessary for its purpose of providing competitive and social golf for those members in accordance with its Constitution. Unless otherwise resolved by the Committee of the Section, this information shall comprise only:
1) Name, address, telephone number(s) and email address
2) Date of Birth
3) Date of joining the Club and category of Membership
4) Name of Previous Club (if any)
5) Current handicap at the date of Application to join the Section.
3. This information shall be collected by the Controller direct from the Member on his joining the Section and shall be amended only as a result of direct instruction from the Member.
4. The Controller shall maintain records of the information in such form as he shall from time to time decide.
5. The Controller shall not share or otherwise provide the information to any third party except to other members of the section and then only for purposes relating to the Section and its objectives. The Controller may also include such information in a Directory of Members which shall be distributed only to members of the Section. The Directory shall contain a statement advising members that the information contained in it is not to be shared or disclosed to any third party other than another member of the Section and is to be used solely for purposes relating to the Section and its objectives.
6. Every member shall be entitled at any time to direct that the information maintained by the Controller concerning him is to be kept confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third party whatsoever.
7. The Controller shall upon request provide to any member details of the information maintained by the Controller concerning that member and revise such information as requested by the member.
8. Upon a member resigning, the Controller shall, if requested by the member, immediately delete the information concerning the member. If no such request is made, the Controller shall remove such information to a list of former members to be used only by the Controller for the sole purpose of contacting the individual concerned in relation to golfing matters and for a maximum period of five years, after which the information shall be deleted.
9. Any member with a concern, complaint or other issue regarding the information maintained by the Section about him shall immediately be informed of his right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.